Tuesday 11 December 2012


I Gotta Organise. . .Christmas!


With two weeks to go until Christmas, I hope your preparations are in full swing now and your to-do list is getting shorter. And I really do hope so, as I'm starting to run out of Christmas-themed puns!



Two Weeks To Go:




1. Post Christmas Cards

Get your Christmas cards posted this week. They'll arrive at a nice time in advance of Christmas - not too early and not too late!

Also, remember that this Friday, 14th December is the deadline for posting cards and parcels to Europe.


Alpe d'Huez, France (c) Sarah Reynolds

2. Finish Shopping

Make sure to get the last of your Christmas gifts for the year this week, if you have not done so already.

Remember to return to your Gift List that you wrote a few weeks ago and fill in against each receipient how much you spent and what you got them. When you refer to this list next year, you will know how much you spent which will help you budget, and you won't run the risk of repeating gifts!



3. Wrap the Gifts

Now I must confess, this is one To-Do on my list, that I don't really have to do. My boyfriend is great at this, so while I cut the sellotape and put my finger on the ribbon to make the bow, he wraps everything perfectly!

I do love getting this done early - as the earlier its done, the longer I have to look at the presents under the tree!

Alpe d'Huez, France (c) Sarah Reynolds


4. Begin the Dinner Preparations

If you have the time, you can start cooking some of the food for Christmas day and freezing it. Meals such as soups, desserts, stuffing and some sauces can all be prepared in advance and can be kept in the freezer for the two weeks that remain until Christmas day.



5. Go out and Party

You made the hair and nail appointments weeks ago, so go get yourself glammed up and party! Relax, forget to-do lists, and have fun with friends and family. At the end of the day, it's the people we love - not long work hours, spending money and clean houses -  that is most important at Christmas time.





Next week....one week to Christmas!! 




























No comments:

Post a Comment